Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Black Cock Whİte Hen

Racism has the concentric circles.


to be a Sicilian sicilian, I'm not a proud time to be. In short, never put a sticker on the machine that says i love sicily and the act of writing as Caltanissetta hometown facebook worries me a bit '.
I regret to say, but when I talk to people not in the south I can clearly see in their eyes, a subconscious sense of superiority on the 'correctness' of their accent and their general proper use of Italian. So I am ashamed, and I start to use phrases like 'we is inside ', or to replace funny expressions like' you dickhead na 'with' you're just bigoli '.
And so I think that perhaps, as I know, the Africans were colonized just feel that way. surely they too felt a sense of inferiority towards this great colonizing Europe. And maybe even
vu cumprà have exactly the same kind of complex, even now. In their endless litany of thanksgiving for 20 cents and I wish them a Merry Christmas, I know I look like I look at a Turin.
And so it is true, racism is in the form of concentric circles and goes in stages.
Stage one:
Racism (sublimated) in the guinea and any combination of the latter (which, exactly as any bland inherent reverse psychology theory, shouting from the rooftops of its what makes him proud to be guinea)
stage two:
racism for people considered evolutionarily much lower.
And so on.
And so I feel exactly like those African village head, unable to find cures for diseases by their sorcerers, who came to wazungu, whites, to find those resources alone were not able to find.
And I wonder if the uprising mao mao was really dictated by envy towards the forms of power introduced by the whites and I can not help but wonder if I follow this logic.
So I can not study anthropology without empathize with the losers in the colonized peoples, the southerners, to feel one of them and they could not help but be ashamed of. So in the end I tend to despise them and do not recognize them any form of agency, any form of resistance and ability to create, produce humanity. And in the end I know, with deep regret, that I would not have been on the side of those who defended the subaltern studies and eventually I have to take up the defense of 'bad' because they were attracted by the forms of wealth, power and prestige that my staff reflects colonial rule.
Yay.


0 comments:

Post a Comment